Often when asked to disclose the secret to my successful track record infundraising,I say that one has to be committed to the cause you are raising funds for and be thorough in researching into the intricacies of the issues involved and the concerns of the stakeholders.
My metric for success in fundraising is whether I have managed to bring on board yet another strong ally for my cause. Money follows on it’s own. Winning partners and friends for my cause is where I seek fulfillment…
I have multiplied funding and diversified donor base for a variety of causes ranging from Children, HIV AIDS, Inter-Ethnic issues, Women’s empowerment, Refugees, Road Injuries, Global health etc.
- Diversified and enhanced the funding portfolio of the Geneva Health Forum within six months of joining the organization. Led the shift from ‘donor’ to ‘partner’ concept in fundraising.
- Initiated UNICEF Malaysia’s engagement with the private sector, which led to high profile fundraising.
- Conducted a detailed mapping exercise of Singapore’s fundraising potential for UNICEF’s Private Sector Fundraising Division, Geneva.
- Increased the donor portfolio of the Centre for Refugees and Forced Migration Studies from mono to multi and diversified.
- Increased ECMI’s donor portfolio ten folds in Macedonia within 2 yrs and established multi-year framework agreements with bilateral and multilateral donors at the field and HQ level.
Details of my fundraising portfolio can be read here